Tuesday, May 7, 2013

STUDENT WATERCOLORS

My students and I have been painting sunflowers from a book of flower references.  It was fun and great to be painting sunny things for a few weeks.  

These are the finished pieces from





Nancy





and





Linda




Pretty great, yes?



And Linda brought in a finished painting she did of her little doggie and best friend.  This one is so precious :)


I think she said her doggie's name is Holly.  (Sorry for the reflection in the photo - hard to get away from the lights in the kitchen when I took it.)  

Great work, girls!!!!!  I am so proud of you and hope you are proud of yourselves.

(They both joined the Greater Cincinnati Watercolor Society and I'm trying to convince them to put one or two paintings in the upcoming show in June.)

7 comments:

Sadami said...

Hi, Rhonda,
The students's paintings are wonderful, BECUASE they have a wonderful teacher in YOU!!!
Best wishes, Sadami

Christiane Kingsley said...

Congratulations to all! This is the result of talented students combined with a great teacher!

humbird said...

Amazing! Congratulation, Rhonda on such talented students! I'm only take first steps in painting with pastels, and flowers are one of my hard lessons to learn...

AK said...

wonderful students, proud teacher.

Jane said...

They can be proud and so can you !

Carol Blackburn said...

Your students are awesome. And, I love the dog portrait. I painted one of my brother's Shizu dog and it wasn't easy. She did beautifully. Kudos to the teacher.

RH Carpenter said...

I can't a whole lot of credit, Sadami and Christiane; these two students have a good touch with watercolors already!

I am proud of them and hope they are proud, too! Thanks, humbird, AK, Jane.

Carol, she did a great job on her little friend :)