Thursday, April 5, 2012

WHAT A PROGRAM!!!

Our regularly scheduled meeting of the Greater Cincinnati Watercolor Society was great!  Our guest speaker/artist was Merle Rosen, a Cincinnati artist and a Golden representative.  She showed us watercolor artists so many new and exciting things that our heads were spinning - but in a very good way!  Each member who attended the meeting also went home with some swag:  a goodie bag full of little jars of tempting things to try from the Golden family of acrylic mediums.

I ran my fanny off being Merle's little helper during the day and maybe that's why the time seemed to rush by for me - but I learned about several things I may have to try in the acrylic paint and medium areas.  Merle will be just the person to help me out with that because she offers lessons at her studio in Cincinnati.  I intend to start doing that as soon as I return from my Kanuga Watermedia Workshop this month (I'll have a week of painting fun with the one, the only, Myrna Wacknov - and then schedule a few 2-hour sessions with Merle to learn more about acrylic paints and mediums I may want to explore).

So that dullness that had overcome me recently has now been replaced with excitement and thoughts of something new coming my way.  Who knows where this will take me?

And, in case you haven't yet noticed, I am putting some of my small watercolors up for sale on a different blog dedicated just to that.  See my sidebar for the addy or go HERE to see what's up on the blog for the first week of April.  I hope to have something on offer each week.  These are steals at the price I'm offering them, so I hope you fall in love with one and just HAVE to have it!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you are having an exciting time with your art. Love the purple flower on your other blog.

Autumn Leaves said...

I so love your enthusiasm, Rhonda. You help get me re-excited about my art.

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks, Mick!

Thanks, Sherry :)