Monday, August 30, 2010

ART, HUMOR AND TRUTH: DANNY GREGORY

Go to this post. 
http://www.dannygregory.com/
and on his right sidebar read the posting titled You Suck...

Read it.  Laugh.  Soooo true!

Now, doesn't that make you feel more free when it comes to wondering what others think about your work? ha ha  When I give someone a critique (either asked for or totally unsolicited), I'm always worried that they will only hear the "bad" stuff and not focus on the good.  I shouldn't worry, right?  And when someone tells me they don't like what I've painted without giving me a constructive reason, I should ignore it, right?  So should you!

I love Danny Gregory's art and humor.  I had him on my blogroll at one time, but being the fickle thing I am, he disappeared in a housecleaning frenzy one day.  He's back.

I've been doing some sorting, rearranging and adding to the sidebar - lots more there.  Of course, being the fickle thing I am, if I find myself not taking the time to visit often, I'll make changes.  It's just the way I roll...

But enough about me!!!  How many of you have that Bobby McFerrin song in your head right now?

"Don't worry.  Be happy."

6 comments:

AK said...

Good or bad... your comments on my blog will always be welcome.

Vicki Greene said...

Rhonda I got a even bigger laugh because I had to go do a quick check before going to Danny's blog to make sure I had not been housecleaned from your side bar - lol. What silly humans we are.

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks, Asit :)

Vicki, if that ever happens, let me know because it will have been a mistake on my part!!

Gretchen Bjornson ART said...

I enjoyed reading Danny Gregory's post and realized I need to do more listening and less talking during conversations. Oh, and I love your new additions to your sidebar;) Thanks!

Rachel Rolseth said...

Ruth, thanks for the article. You're right, I did laugh. And how true too!

RH Carpenter said...

Gretchen, I think we all could use that lesson but being the humans we are, we are pretty self-centered even when we're trying not to be :) You're a good addition to the group, and congrats on your recent sale.

Rachel, I'm glad it made you laugh. We have to learn to laugh at our foibles instead of worry over them, eh? Oh, and, I like the name Ruth but my name is Rhonda - I know, I could make that more clear instead of being RHCarpenter but there it is :) ha ha