Monday, September 29, 2008

A Friend's Painting - My Take

My friend, Ann, was having trouble with a painting she was doing in oils. I thought I might be able to help her even though I know nothing about oils! I did a value study putting in just the darks and from there did a watercolor sketch, trying to keep it loose like on-site painting. Then I painted it in watercolor, just a sketch-like painting.

I had both the sketch and the painting posted here but Ann reminded me that I didn't have the rights to use the photo - she did, but I didn't. She's right. Got to watch that copyright issue and make sure you aren't stepping over the bounds!

So I removed the sketch and painting. Thanks, Ann, for reminding me to be careful. These blogs do go out to everyone on the internet and I should have known better!