Monday, February 11, 2008

My SWAP Painting + Lunch with Laverne

My group, SharingWithArtistPartners (SWAP) is in their 19th session swapping paintings with each other anonymously. Being the leader/list-mom, my partner can't be anonymous because I send out the info (draw the names, etc) so - when I found out Laverne was the one painting something for me this time we got together and agreed to meet since we only live 10 minutes away from each other!

I had a lovely time visiting and having lunch with Laverne. And my painting is very special because it's a local landmark. Those of you in the NKY area will know of Motch Jewelers and their clock. Pretty cool, eh? This was done by Laverne in pen and ink with a watercolor wash. Thanks, again, Laverne for the visit, the lunch, and the great SWAP painting!

We are getting snow. The way the weathermen and women are talking, it's going to be a doozy, with up to 5 inches of snow and then ice and sleet and general yuck all through tonight and tomorrow. We'll see. If we get much mess, I won't be going to class tomorrow :( and I'll miss it. But it's better to be safe.

2 comments:

Joan Sandford-Cook said...

What a lovely story and so fortunate to have set up a successful SWAP Group. Thought Laverne's clock very inspiring and as for getting a lunch and a painting, it seems the 'leader' did alright out of this one!!!

RH Carpenter said...

Yes, our group is very kind and funny and they tease each other all the time. So far, only minor glitches have happened. Yes, I got a good painting, a good lunch, and a great visit out of this SWAP :)