Monday, February 19, 2024

OUCH

 Somehow, I’ve caused my back to be in some serious pain.  I have no idea how I did it or what I did (nothing out of the ordinary), but I’ve been taking meds, keeping heat on it, resting (just sitting and reading or watching t.v. while sitting with heat wrapped around me), and some mild stretching.  Not getting better so…to the doctor to see what’s going on (x-ray, maybe?).  So no painting this past week.  I can share what I’ve done before the back issue, though.

Remember when you were in school and the classroom was decorated for Lincoln’s and Washington’s birthdays in February?  I do.  And we made Valentine’s cards for every kid in class, had our own little cardboard mailboxes put up on the wall so kids could put cards inside the box and you could take them home.  I think that kept any kid from being embarrassed if he/she did not get a card from everyone in the class (which did happen, of course). I think I was somewhere in the middle - I got some cards but my mailbox was never full of cards.  I think this happened 1st - 4th grade and then ended.  

I also remember the whole class making cards (it was a requirement and was done in class - probably get them out of math or social studies time) when I was sick from school with the measles…and the teacher brought them all to my home for me, along with any homework I needed to do to catch up.  I think I was in 2nd grade, maybe 3rds, when this happened.  Do kids still do these kinds of things or is this just too uncool for kids now?  

Not sure why I’m thinking about these things.  Guess I’ve got too much time sitting around.  

Hope your week finds you well.



4 comments:

Sadami said...

Dear Rhonda, Please take care. Quick recovery!! Give yourself indulgence and take it easy at the same time. Kind regards, Sadami

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks, Sadami. Doctor visit Monday afternoon and same meds and heat and some stretching - x-ray showed it’s just arthritis (degenerative disk disease = aging back and neck and…). Old age is not fun and I am in pretty good shape for my 67 years!
I did get a cortisone shot which is supposed to help 80% of the time - it has eased the sharp pains when I move.

Lisa Le Quelenec said...

Oh no! I do hope you are feeling better soon. Take it easy x

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks, Lisa. I am on the mend and thinking about taking a walk today - warm weather for us after a rainy day yesterday.