Wednesday, February 14, 2024

ANOTHER GRANULATING LESSON

As I posted before, I took a 2-session class from Yesim Gozukara several months ago…and learned more about this wonderful technique of allowing the granulating colors to flow…

Now, my mess looks nothing like her beautiful painting did on the video, but I did it…and I will use this technique more often on other things because I am in love of granulating colors.

Here are my versions.  (Top painting was just cropped to show the part I liked…the top 2/3; and the second painting was a total redo where I went a bit crazy with the granulation at the bottom…but I still like it.)

Will definitely do more paintings and remember to grab my granulating colors and granulating medium (Winsor & Newton) on various things in the future.  





 

3 comments:

laura said...

I love these, Rhonda. Great colors and sense of distance in both. And the foreground on the bottom one ... Whaaa? It's fantastic

laura said...

ps love the bluejay in your "about me"--I am partial to them

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks, Laura. I did crop off a lot in the top one but that’s legal, right? Ha ha.
I, too, love the bluejays - I put out peanuts for them and the mob runs from about a dozen to just 3-4 in the winter.