To work towards an idea I have and to get to larger versions, I am going to do a couple of small study paintings first, to try to work out the kinks. This one, a 1/4 sheet (11 x 15 inches), showed me what I need to change in the larger version - if I go that way.
So what needs to change?
1) lose the tree in the left side
2) lose the grey-blue shape (which is a fallen tree branch) in the background
3) bring the bird up more towards the top of the paper instead of having so much green behind - so I can put in some more water underneath with pink reflections
4) work on getting smaller blobs and drops of water using various tools with masking fluid
5) make those changes and then draw it out larger
My idea is to have two birds on one large sheet for the final - working towards that.
Happy Cinco de Mayo!
(I had my margarita yesterday - yum!)