The orange color of the flamingos was not harmonious with the pink background in the painting. So I went back to the background, putting in more blues to tone down the pink.
Still not quite what I wanted. So I added a bit more turquoise and teal color to the background and then lifted some of the color from the flamingos. And I think it works better now.
Now I just need to get time to finish it up, maybe putting in some stronger teal and turquoise colors in the ripples and softening some of them. Oh, and they must have eyes!
I think I've changed the name of this one, too.
Birds of a feather - Full sheet (22" x 30") watercolor on 140# Fabriano paper.