Friday, March 23, 2012

STRATHMORE WORKSHOP - WEEK 4

For our Week 4 lesson in the online Strathmore/Cathy Johnson workshop, we were to incorporate lots of texture by way of splattering or other means + add in some paper collage bits.  Here's what I did.


The shapes in this one started by laying down watercolor over one of Mary Beth Shaw's stencils :)  This one makes me think of spring.  (You can't see the yellow in the upper left well - it got bleached out by the camera, I think.)

Although we had a bit of rain, off and on, today, the flowers are still beautiful.  The white blossoms on the trees (ornamental pears, I think), are blown off and covering the ground like a light dusting of snow :)

I can't make myself stay inside and paint.  I just have to take advantage of this weather and warmth and sunshine - pretty soon it will be so hot, I won't want to go outside - then I'll catch up.

2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

What a pretty batik look you've achieved Rhonda! I love watching you learn. You always inspire me. Now if I could just have some energy pumped into myself!

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks, Sherry. The yellow is a bit whited out from the photo but it has more vibrant color in real life.