Tuesday, October 5, 2010

SUMMER SLIDE GIRLS

Started another portrait for my weekly challenge to myself.




The summer slide girls, both coming down the bright orange tube of the slide together.

The circle of the tube got really wonky but I don't dislike because I'm making it more abstracted and focusing on the girls and that orange glow.



And here's a closeup of the Heartwood and Moon painting, showing the jewel colors dropped into the white "stars" in the sky.  (A trick I learned from Nick Simmons to jazz up the sky without people even noticing what you've done.)

2 comments:

Gretchen Bjornson ART said...

This will be a fun painting with the girls. I also got a laugh out of your term "wonky". Made me smile on dismal, cold, rainy day.

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks, Gretchen. I use that word a lot - doesn't everyone? ha ha