Friday, June 6, 2008

Today's 5th Anniversary Gifts from SWAP Members

Today's mail brought me this lovely painting created by Reni, another SWAP member who is helping celebrate our 5th anniversary of SWAP (SharingWithArtistPartners), a Yahoo group of artists who exchange paintings. This painting is about 4 x 6, like a photo, with several nice little elements, including a very pretty dragonfly (one of my favorite things).
I also received a card that is a photo of one of Reni's paintings placed in the center of the card that is embossed all around = lovely work!
As for me, no painting today. After every Greater Cincinnati Watercolor Society meeting, I spend the next 2-3 days typing up the minutes/newsletter, proofing, editing, getting it ready for copying for the members at the next meeting. Also, I've decided it's too hot. I've never been to hell but I can't imagine it's any hotter, more humid and sticky, or more uncomfortable than it has been the last 2 days here in the Ohio River valley. Too hot to move, to breathe, too hot to do anything but sit and sip on mocha moolattes from Dairy Queen or caramel frappachinos from Starbucks :)
I'm going to the open drawing session at the Essex tomorrow so I may have something to share then. We only have 2 more sessions to go before a short break before summer session begins.
So what are you up to this summer? How hot is it in your part of the world?








No comments: