Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Tuesday's Class Work = Finished Hollyhocks and Baby Devlin




I finished the hollyhocks by dropping in more darks and then going very dark with other color mixes (Indanthrone Blue + Quin Magenta or Perm Alizarin Crimson + Quin Burnt Orange).












And then I had time so I started a painting of the new baby grandson :) It seems you have to paint a baby the way you'd hold a baby = gently and lightly!

I need to add a bit of shadowing inside his mouth but I'm not going any darker on the skin right now - I want to keep that light, fresh, baby look.

4 comments:

Dawn said...

congratulations Rhonda on the new grandson. sorry I forgot that in the last post. loving the holly hocks too!

Nava said...

Congratulations!! Love the painting. And - thanks for the inspiration with this masking fluid technique - you may have gotten me back to painting again!!

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks, Dawn. He's a cutie!
Nava, so glad you said you may get back to painting!!! The pouring technique is fun, really it is. Try it!! And if you need more info, go to http://GCWSblogspot.com for Stephen Blackburn's step by step demo he gave our group.

Deb Léger said...

Wow, your hollyhocks turned out beautifully, Rhonda! What a beautiful baby! How does it feel being a grandmother? lol