Monday, May 19, 2008

Jerry's Article in the Northern Kentucky Enquirer

Jerry got some mention in an article in the NKY Enquirer about his photographing frogs for the Newport Aquarium. You can get to it by going here:

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080519/NEWS0103/805190365/1077/COL02




The photos were taken by Jerry (of George, our red-eyed tree frog)



and by a current Biological Photography student of his, Kim Baker (of Jerry taking a photo of a tree frog). They didn't give Kim photographic credit in the story, although they said they would.

The first billboards are up announcing the new Frog Bog at the Newport Aquarium and you might recognize the first little froggie they have used there, too :) George is getting so famous we may have to start calling him Sir George! haha Jerry did the photos for the billboards, too, so look around the tri-state area to see if there is one in your neighborhood. I've heard the first one spotted was on the way to TriCounty on I-71.

UPDATE: Another billboard has been spotted on I-471 south of Newport exits.

3 comments:

Deb Léger said...

Very impressive! Congratulations, Jerry!!! Great article and great photos. If I lived closer, I'd be sure to go see the exhibit.

Dawn said...

congratulations Jerry!

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks, Deb and Dawn. I'll tell Jerry you sent congratulations :) I keep telling him "you have more fan mail" when I open up our home email now! haha