Monday, May 5, 2008

Baby Cardinals - Update

Jerry and I drove up to the Chicago area Thursday - Sunday. Sorry but I had no computer to keep in touch. I did get a chance, on Saturday, to drive by The Beat of My Art Store in Naperville (Debbie Egizio's shop) and picked up some loverly-smelling homemade soaps and 3 of Debbie's cards. Her shop has jewelry, handmade bags and little items as well as cards and homemade soaps and just things you want :)














Unfortunately for me, Debbie was off on a special weekend home art show and I didn't get to meet her. Maybe next time!

And nothing artsy to post for me so I thought I'd update you on the progress of the 4 cardinal babies in our shrub by the door.

When we left, they had all hatched and were just scrawny looking things with buggy places for eyes but nothing happening yet.


Today, when I took a peek as I was coming in and out, I saw this instead:

And when I moved the shrubs to get a good look, one of the babies decided I was mama or papa coming to feed them and, not wanting to be left out, it got ready for its meal :) Two of the babies sleep with their mouths open, just in case! haha

4 comments:

Nava said...

Looking forward to your painting of these babies :-)

Sandy Maudlin said...

What a wonderful nursery you have there for those cardinals. I love the pix. And Debbie's work is delightful, too.

Dawn said...

love the babies! thanks for the update!

RH Carpenter said...

Nava, I never thought about painting the birds! Maybe the nest and eggs? Hmmm...
I'll keep updating every few days to show their progress. I can't wait for them to get red feathers!
Sorry we didn't get to meet in person, Debbie, but maybe next time!