Saturday, April 26, 2008

Saturday's Open Figure Drawing

Well, I remembered that our sessions begin at 9am, not 10am, and got there in plenty of time and still stopped for my Starbucks :) Although Starbucks was very busy this morning and the baristas weren't singing or laughing - too busy trying to keep up with all the orders!





Here is the sketch for today - a model I enjoy drawing. She has wonderfully curly hair and a pale streak in it and lovely shaped lips and a round body that is fun to draw.



The lighting was such that it created some interesting shadows, too.

4 comments:

Ann Buckner said...

I'm glad you got your coffee and made it for the full drawing session. I enjoyed your drawing and like the softness/shading of the shadows in the chest and belly area.

I also like the design motif behind the pears. Will you be adding more darks to the pears to give them more contrasts?

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks, Ann :) She is a rounded woman and so fun to draw! The pears still need something and Sandy suggested lifting out some leaf shapes that mimic the others - will do that when I get the time in the next few days.

Deb Léger said...

Beautiful drawing, Rhonda!

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks, Deb :)