Friday, April 4, 2008

Bosc and Blush Pears Underpainting Plus



I think these are going to turn out much better with this grey mixture than the previous plus I was less heavy-handed with the underpainting this time - see, you can teach an old dog a new trick! haha


Just for fun, I'm using paints I would normally NOT use because they are fugitive - but I bought them when I didn't know any better and for studies they will do. It might be interesting to put these in a window when done to see just how much they do change over time, too. (The colors are Aureolin and Rose Madder Genuine mostly on the blush pears).















Sorry, Susan, but I had already put some color on the pears before I read your suggestion to darken the bottoms - so I'll darken with color later. I'm hoping to get more done on these today.

Next layers....

4 comments:

Carol Carter said...

gorgeous pears!

thank you for the url for art... i will check it out.. and hopefully have some time to see the art.

you were kind to think of me.

check out www.tomseghi.com to see a friend's website. he does pears.. and has made quite a career in miami!

carol

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks, Carol. I did check out your friend - great pears and apples - so large, too!

Ces Adorio said...

Yes, they are wonderful. It has a soft appearance, gentle, delicate just like the way one should handle pears.

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks so much for your positive comments, Ces :) I've just returned from a short vacation in Florida - so have lots more painting material!