Sunday, July 21, 2024

ALMOST MONOCHROMES

 Our local Campbell County Extention Center has a wonderful garden kept current and blooming by volunteers and workers from the University of Kentucky group of gardeners.  There is usually something interesting to photograph and paint there.  But, lately, it’s been so hot and sticky, we haven’t gone out there much…and when we do, there is nothing much blooming to inspire.  So I chose to photograph some of the garden statues scattered around.  All are small and concrete but I wanted them to have a touch of color so using one single color on each statue…




2 comments:

laura said...

That's a great idea, Rhonda. I may follow suit and paint the stuff in my yard, mostly bunnies, cats,and Buddha's!
I especially like the owl!

Lisa Le Quelenec said...

I think the owl has mesmerised the cat. Great idea for painting, it's amazing how creative we can be when our gaze is forced in a different direction. It sounds like we have similar weather at the moment hot and draining - best wishes for a cooler week.