Monday, February 15, 2016

THE DO-OVER CONTINUES



Working slowly.  I have lost my momentum on this one.  In fact, I've lost my momentum for anything but sitting on the sofa and reading while eating chocolates.  We have 3 inches of snow today and ice predicted tonight/tomorrow morning.  Time to hibernate until spring...whenever that comes.


Using Moonglow mixed with Perylene Green for the darkest darks.  Moonglow mixed with Quinacridone Burnt Scarlet for the deep plum colors of the shadowed leaves.  







And trying out colors to get the bold yellow-orange-reds of the brightest leaves to come...

Hansa Yellow Medium (like New Gamboge), Pyrrol Orange, Raw Sienna, Quin Burnt Scarlet - think those colors will get me where I need to be with the bright leaves.






5 comments:

Debbie Nolan said...

Rhonda - this is really coming together. Did not realize either that Hansa Medium resembled New Gamboge. That color of yellow does make a beautiful orange mixed with the right reds. Loving yours. Hope you stay safe. We are to have anywhere from 4 to 8 inches. Looks like tomorrow may be a bit dicey! Take care - Hugs!

Barbra Joan said...

I know what you mean about losing it, but it will come back and something tells me your on the right track with this one.

Jennifer Rose said...

nothing wrong with reding and eating chocolate lol :)

Lisa Le Quelenec said...

Reading and chocolate sounds great to me. It's not really very cold here but today is very wet! I hope that you are warm and dry.

Your colours are following me, I am seeing them everywhere and I think I am noticing them because they are just so warm and inviting for February. They are a real treat for the eye and just right for the energy of the composition.

Enjoy the sofa snuggling and best wishes.

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks, Debbie, Barbra Joan, Jennifer Rose and Lisa :) It's a slow process but I think the mental work I'm doing will help me get this one right...Lisa, I keep thinking about your plums and clementines comment and think of those! ha ha