Saturday, March 29, 2014

COLORFUL DRIFTWOOD 2


This one is finished.  Half sheet, Arches 140# cold press paper.  


(The light on the upper right is the light shining from above, not the way its painted.)


I need a new overhead light in my art room - the one I have is flickering and I think it bothers my head even if I don't notice it when the 2 daylight lights are on at the table.  Or maybe I need a new head?!?

Have three soccer matches to attend today. The grand-boy starts soccer today so all 3 grands are playing now - all on different teams and in different age groups.  I'm not sure how their Mom and Dad are going to keep up with 3 teams, 3 practice times and dates, 3 match times and dates, etc.  

4 comments:

Barb Sailor said...

Rhonda,
I love the movement in this painting and your colors are yummy! Your brushwork is also awesome in this.
Barb

Pam Johnson Brickell said...

I'm going to repeat what Barb said. Plus love the tonality. Hmmm, wonder if you'll be hooked into an occasional soccer transport :)

Autumn Leaves said...

I have to agree with Barb's comment. You also managed some gorgeous texture.

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks, Barb!

Pam, and Sherry, thanks so much! I do like this one and might try again - the photo reference I'm using has no color at all so one is open to choose any colors at all :)