Monday, February 17, 2014

IN CASE YOU MISSED IT

In case you missed it - or just don't care! ha ha

Pantone's Color of the Year for 2014 is....

Radiant Orchid



So add that to your palette and get going - you don't want to be left behind!!


As an orchid, it does look lovely, but I'm pretty sure there is nothing in my house that is this color.  Oh, dear!!!  



It would make a lovely, peaceful bedroom color, wouldn't it?
What would you like to see in this color?



How about....

THIS?


Gotta get me one of those little Radiant Orchid skulls - one never knows when a Radiant Orchid skull will come in handy!  (Is that a loaf of bread at the top??  Radiant Orchid bread?  Um...no thanks!)


Both of these photos are from the Pantone site.  I guess, since they want you to put things of this color on Pinterest and other online sites, they won't mind my sharing the color and stuff here.

Do you think there are any Radiant Orchid-colored birds out there?




7 comments:

Pat Thomas said...

Great Post RH... This color is indeed very "eye catching" In pale tanzanite gemstone earrings, the color works almost like make-up to perk-up my skintone.

Curious: is there a number reference for the color? It's like lavender or purple with very little red.

RH Carpenter said...

Pat, I think the 18-3224 is the number given to this color by Pantone. Not sure about others - if you search the pantone color of the year 2014, you will find more info and how to get your printer to print this based on changing the RGB settings, etc. Me, I'm just going to try to get close with watercolor :)

debwardart said...

Rhonda, you have too much time on your hands! But it is a pretty color, and I'm sure there are some birds this color somewhere in the Amazon! Or, you could just add flecks of it to your crows to bring them up-to-date!

Autumn Leaves said...

It is a beautiful color, I must admit. I'm kind of digging that mini Empire State building!

hw (hallie) farber said...

I actually have a very heavy glass bowl that's this color--a. Modern piece from the 50s. Maybe I should give it a place of honor this year--doesn't match anything.

RH Carpenter said...

Deb, you're right, I have too much time on my hands - since my car was frozen to the driveway for weeks, I definitely had too much time on my hands and felt like doing nothing. But I have a new hobby - eating donuts!!

Sherry, there are some cute things in that bunch but it's not really my color. Perhaps with some lime green added to it?

Hallie, you're ahead of the game! Put that bowl out and tell everyone you are a fashionista! ha ha

http://carolking.wordpress.com said...

I am totally not a fan of radiant orchid other than the actual flower.

I'll pass on this year's color and wait to see what next year's might be. But thanks for always keeping us in the loop and up to date on the latest happenings regarding color!