Monday, September 9, 2013

GEOMETRICS WITH SHINY STILL LIFE


I'm not finished with this.  Putting this much visual interest behind the still life seems to be taking too much attention away.  I think I'll just push it all back with a wash of cobalt blue and hope that helps.  I'm happy with the colors of the still life objects themselves.

When I began this one, the little objects just seemed so lost and needed something to give them more punch.  Perhaps I overdid it?




What would you have done?


Tuesday and Wednesday in class we'll be doing one single silver object in order to practice our shiny and reflective things.





The haulers came Saturday to my grandmother's house.  Everything that is going to be taken out - for now - is gone.  I looked for some mimosa pods Saturday but didn't see any - I read that you can start mimosa trees from the pods once they are hanging off the trees in the fall.  I'll keep checking or dig up a sapling soon.

5 comments:

Sadami said...

Hi, Rhonda,
Very colourful and lovely work I like so much!! Enjoy it.
Best wishes, Sadami

Caroline Simmill said...

Hi Rhonda, lovely work, the background adds interest.

Autumn Leaves said...

Love those great shadows and how you've used some of the color from the objects themselves in them.

Katherine Harra said...

Hi, Rhonda. This looks very interesting, and I do like the geometric background that doesn't represent anything "real". To me, the gray shadows in the foreground seem dull in comparison, both in shape and color: what if you repeated all the wonderful geometric colors on this plane (the "tablecloth") as well, to surround the bright objects with color and shapes?

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks so much, Sadami, Caroline and Sherry.
Katherine, you just gave me an interesting idea - I may play with it and show you what I end up with (if it works out)!! Thanks :)