Monday, February 15, 2010

DARK CROW REWORKED + CROW 2 CROW AGAIN

I thought the Dark Crow painting on Yupo didn't really use the qualities of Yupo very well since I put that black on really thick so I washed some off, added some other colors. I like it better now but it's still not a "good painting" - just something to get the brushes wet again after a long time.





And did a bit more on the Crow 2 Crow painting, working on the tree, the diagonals and a bit more on the bottom crow - just a bit, didn't overwork or ruin him.



Here's a close-up - and I almost like it cropped this way but maybe I'm just getting lazy with this one?


Hope you had a Happy Valentine's Day, a Happy New Year (Tibetan and Chinese), and are going to have a Happy Presidents' Day.


What we need

right now

is

a little more

fricking snow!!!










6 comments:

Gary Keimig said...

great snow postings. Can you believe here in the Rocky Mountains just below the continetal divide and at 7000 feet we have had hardly any snow. Ground is brown now. Please send some our way.

Pam Johnson Brickell said...

The crow is glowing now. Nice job! I like my snow better than your snow...... it knows when to leave :)

Christiane Kingsley said...

Rhonda,
Your bottom crow has gorgeous colors! I love it.

Jeanette Jobson said...

The crows will lead you to where you should go with them.

And snow..well better than freezing rain as we're getting.

Gillian Mowbray said...

I love the way you cropped the crow painting. Two great works for the price of one. BTW, we're getting more snow here in the UK too - I totally agree - enough! We deserve a long warm Spring - starting next week preferably!

RH Carpenter said...

Gary, you are more than welcome to all the snow we have here - about a foot on the ground and more to come, unfortunately. Not sure where we are going to put it all since it doesn't seem to be melting!
Thanks, Pam - yes, farther south even snow knows how to be more civil!
Thanks Christiane :)
Jeanette - ah, the sleet and ice is yet to come - can't wait!
Gillian, I think I like the crop, too, and maybe it's not a cop out?