Monday, April 15, 2024

MORE TRYING WITH SKTCHY TEACHERS

So I tried this one again and still could not paint it like the teacher! Ha ha. Oh, well, really worked it and changed it and lifted and added and put on some gouache and…calling it Sadness.  She looks very sad and pensive and pondering something deeply.  











Decided it was time to move on.  And ruined the next painting completely.  This is “okay” and it is the second version after tearing up the first effort.  I think I hit a bump there for a few days for some reason.  I know a lot of artists say just continue to paint all the time and don’t let bad days get you but I know me and if I don’t feel like painting, I may as well save the paint and paper and time.







3 comments:

Lisa Le Quelenec said...

Sometimes you win sometimes you learn.....I seem to learn a lot ;o) Just keep swimming and it will be back.

laura said...

There is a strong mood in each of these. Which makes them very compelling!

RH Carpenter said...

Ah, Lisa, I think I should be farther along in my art journey because it seems like I’ve been trying and learning for over a decade now…but truly that is not that long in a lifetime! Again, patience is something I am always lacking.