Sunday, March 3, 2024

GRANULATING ROCKS IN THE TURQUOISE SEA

Just working on some things using the granulating colors and trying to get some good texture.  Looks like my horizon line is skewed…just needs cropped differently.  The first painting is when I really worked with the granulating colors and water drops to get the textures, then I darken it a bit while still adding water drops to make the colors separate.  Tilting the paper helps the pigment and water move and separate.  Fun (small painting, only 1/4 sheet). 

 






2 comments:

Lisa Le Quelenec said...

I like the palette in this one, very much like the misty colours I've seen here dog walking recently. The darker defining marks on the left rock push it forward just right. The still silence of the painting makes it very peaceful.

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks so much, Lisa! I was still trying out the little 5 ml tubes of granulating color. Glad you like it but I cannot take credit for the composition as it was inspired by a painting I saw…but did not copy with the colors.