Sunday, August 21, 2016

ART SHOW IN INDIANA

Sweetie and I both entered work in the Southeastern Indiana Art Guild show which opened with a very nice artist reception Saturday evening.  We weren't rained out, there was a very good crowd, and Sweetie won 2 awards for his photos!  I did not win anything this year (2 year's ago I got a top prize in this show) but that's fine - it was fun to hear his name called out and he got ribbons to put on his photos, a nice check for each, plus he was told that the local library purchases work and may be looking at his - how cool is that?



The show continues through Saturday, September 3:
Open Monday-Friday August 22 - September 2, 11:00 am - 7:00 pm
and Saturday September 3, 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm


If you are in the area, stop in and see the show, located at the Art Guild Studios, 2nd and Main Streets, Aurora, IN.




7 comments:

Gary L. Everest said...

Hi Rhonda,
Be sure to pass along my most hearty congratulations to Jerry! Must be nice to have two highly-talented and nationally-recognized artists in the house. Did he buy dinner?
Hope you both have a very nice week!
Sincerely,
Gary

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks, Gary. I passed on your congrats! Yes, he did buy dinner but it didn't cost much - I had a migraine prior to leaving and didn't feel like much but I'm sure we'll make that up later :) I am proud of him and it won't cause disharmony in the household unless he continues to win when I don't! ha ha

E.M. Corsa said...

You won too. We all play a part in developing our loved one's stengths, just as he won with you last year. Congratulations to both of you!

RH Carpenter said...

You're right, Elizabeth! We both win when one wins and I'm very proud of his work. He is an amazing photographer and loves it, just as obsessed as I am with my watercolors.

Jennifer Rose said...

congrats to him!!

Autumn Leaves said...

I hope you have much success, Rhonda! I've loved looking back through posts I've missed and seeing your works! They are lovely to my mind!

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks, Jennifer Rose and Sherry! Sherry, I enjoyed catching up on your blog - new job, new husband, new motorcycle - seems like life is finally doing well by you!