Wednesday, September 3, 2014

BLUE SKIES + BIRD


Added in the osprey after the sky was done, using dark colors in the watercolor with a bit of white gouache.

(The clouds are not yellow but they look yellow here - guess my white balance wasn't just right or the yellow of the osprey influenced the white of the clouds a lot.)

The osprey photo was one taken from the deck of Mi Casa in Crescent Beach, Florida.  A family of ospreys flew over the beach off and on all day long, dive-bombing the water for food.


And I have to admit to an oops!! because I was moving some blogs on the sidebar from the bottom bunch to the top and the top to the bottom - and then discovered that I had deleted some before actually saving them in the other place!!!  D'uh!  If you were on the sidebar in either place and now find you are not there, just send me an email and I'll get you back.  Sorry!!!

3 comments:

Vandy said...

Lovely detail in the wings of your osprey.

Isn't it frustrating when you lose the writing before it posts. I've done that before and its a real *sigh* moment.

Autumn Leaves said...

Oh I do like this! Such a freedom feeling! Rhonda, I changed my blog address so I am not sure if I was ever on your blog roll...but it is opinedwhimsy.blogspot.com

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks so much, Vandy :) I think I didn't realize I had to click SAVE twice so was only doing it once and then found it wasn't saved.

Thanks, Sherry. I do have you down on the blogroll so I won't lose track.