Monday, January 28, 2013

PLAYING WITH PAINT AND PAPER


For some reason, I always feel like I should paint something on my birthday.  I often paint it on the day - but not always. 

Anyway, just playing with paint and paper with no planning - just picking up a color I want to try and using another color with it and keeping it wet-in-wet with the paper almost pooling with water.  These don't look much like finished pieces - just paper on which I've moved some paint around.


This one looks a bit like winter trees in the wind.  Using Permanent Brown and Cobalt Teal Blue  with a little Shadow Violet mixed in. 





This one looks a bit like blue thistles.  Mainly using the same three colors.


Nothing to write home about!






I'm reading the Georgia O'Keeffe book now, enjoying the visit to New Mexico via her paintings and the photographs in the book.



6 comments:

Vicki Greene said...

This is a great way to learn so much about your colors and enjoy.

Diana said...

Happy BIRTHDAY!! Hope you have a great one! I like your washes. They help me try new things. love to you and celebrate tons..., Diana

Christiane Kingsley said...

Happy birthday, Rhonda!

Autumn Leaves said...

Well, I like your visions! Love the blue thistles for some reason. Colors are exquisite!

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks much, Vicki, Diana, Christiane and Sherry :) For some reason, they just don't look finished to me - but when I see work of other artists and they've done just really wet-in-wet and let it dry, I like it. Must be a prejudice towards my own work!! ha ha

renate said...

Hi Rhonda:) You can see the spontaneity! Delicious! Thanks for sharing:)