Tuesday, January 8, 2013

LOOK OUT BELOW


This little fellow was so cute - a snail seen in Belize a few year's ago when Sweetie thought it would be a good idea to take a trip to a remote area of Belize for our anniversary.  Um...well...we are still married so it wasn't horrid but we both returned home eaten up with mosquito and no-seeum bites all over us.  Anyway, there were nature hikes and talks and during one we saw this little guy in the evening.  Perhaps he was heading home for the night?

The words say:  Be brave, But watch out below. 
I think that sums up my thinking about painting without drawing and the beauty you can get but also the bumps in the road that have to be fixed with a touch of Chinese White watercolor.  (No, I'm not a purist unless the rules of a competition say you must use only transparent watercolor - I believe whatever works, use it!)



And here is my last postcard made from matboard, scraps of watercolor paintings and collage pieces and a silver marker.  I will add a bit to the berries because I don't like them right now - may even strengthen the vine/tree and limbs, too.  But I do like the blue and silver motif :)  The shiny bits are collage pieces I made in Myrna Wacknov's workshop last spring at Kanuga - it aluminum foil embossed with a design, then painted with acrylic paint.


For me, Blogger is still not working the usual way in the Compose mode.

If you are having problems with Blogger and being able to post photos, just upload them using the HTML mode, then return to Compose mode to type in your words.  It works, but it's another step - until they get this fixed. 
Is ANYONE else having this problem or is Blogger just picking on me?

17 comments:

Cindy said...

I'm having trouble uploadig photos, too, but only when using Internet Explorer. The photo upload on Blogger seems to be working fine when using Firefox.

Studio at the Farm said...

What a cutie! I love intimate paintings like this, Rhonda. And your analogy to painting without drawing is a good one.
I had a small temporary hiccup with my google account at the beginning of the year, but it's fine now.

Judith Farnworth Art said...

Love the snail Rhonda, colours are gorgeous!!

Angie said...

What a cute painting. I love snails - one lives in my fishtank, and despite what people think - their antics are adorable and fun to watch :)

Manisha Vedpathak said...

Hi Rhonda...Greetings from Ghana,Africa! Wish you a happy new year! Yes I am having problem with photo uploading in blogger. Hope to resolve it very soon.

Debbie Nolan said...

Dear Rhonda -I love your painting without drawing. Your collage piece is lovely as well. I too had trouble with uploading photos on Sunday...ended up downloading to Picasso web and then adding to my blog. Hope they get it fixed soon. Take care and have a wonderful day.

Michelle Himes said...

It's not just you, Rhonda. I guess I will have to try the HTML thing, since it doesn't seem to be getting fixed.

Autumn Leaves said...

Nope, I had the same problem last couple of posts and I know Barbra Joan is also having the same problem. Really love that embossed foil and anything with a tree, so for me this is a winner!

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks, Cindy. I don't have Firefox but do have Google Chrome on my laptop and that isn't working for uploading, either (although they say it should work and it's just an Internet Explorer problem).
Kathryn, Judith, Angie (love your cat!!) and Manisha - thanks so much for your comments. And welcome, Angie and Manisha!!
Thanks, Debbie - I guess I could do it that way, too but the HTML thing does work so far. Maybe they will have it fixed today?
Sorry you're having problems, too, Michelle and Sherry.

Helen K. Beacham Fine Art said...

Good morning, Rhonda. Am enjoying your blog posts! I use Google Chrome to post to Blogger and I've not noticed any differences re posting images or anything else. Just last night I was thinking to myself how easy it is to use Blogger. Sorry for your troubles...maybe try Chrome?

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks, Helen. I tried it on my laptop (which has Google Chrome) and I had the same problem. I don't know what the deal is - it's a Dell so came with all the Windows programs installed and I added Google Chrome when I was having problems reading gmail on the desktop. I really like your challenge paintings - especially the little anole!

RH Carpenter said...

Helen, I was experiencing operator error when trying to upload using Chrome - my mistake waiting for a box to come up before putting in my photo info. It does work!!! Now I just have to move photos to my laptop since it seems Google can't fix the problem with Internet Explorer. I recently heard Microsoft is going to be a thing of the past in another 10 years - maybe it's true??

Pat Thomas said...

Thank you for your post suggestion to use HTML to upload photos. That option now works for me, it didn't work on Sunday. So it's now back to work now. You have an insightful blogsite. Keep up the great work!!

RH Carpenter said...

Pat, glad it works for you. I do hope they fix the problem but it's going on a week now and no luck...so we Internet Explorer folks may be up a creek.

Michelle Himes said...

Thanks, Rhonda! I didn't know anything about HTML and didn't believe that it would be so easy. Thanks to your post, I tried it and it worked. I was able to put the last 4 days of sketches on my blog.

Now if only I could read those numbers that prove that I'm not a robot. LOL!

RH Carpenter said...

Glad it works for you, Michelle. Seems like the problem for Internet Explorer users is not going to be fixed any time soon.

renate said...

Dear Rhonda:) Your snail is so lovely and cute. I love it! And your cards are beautiful too.
I hope your problems will be fixed soon! I had them too but went over to Chrome and since then it works well!