Monday, August 1, 2011

REMEMBER THIS?


This one sat around for a while and I hadn't a clue what to do with it.  In fact, I tried to keep pushing it under other things so it wouldn't stare at me, faceless, saying, "What are you going to do about me??"  I have gone back to it and worked a bit more. 









I put in more gesso work that is heavier in the face and in the background as way to shape the face more without color; then I began again adding color to the painting overall.  I think it looks better but will let it sit again for a while before I decide.  I know I have to tone down that white around the guitar and reshape the head of it which looks off now.




And Mac sent me some small snippets of songs from the cd, but I didn't have any luck putting them on the blog  so you can listen.  But if you like jazzy bluesy stuff, you'll love this cd and for only $13 - yes, that's only $13, friends and includes shipping and handling - I will mail you a copy for your very own!

Oh, and Happy August!  Only 1 more month of summer (hot, humid, sticky, 95+ degree weather) here in the Ohio Valley and then relief.  Although now that the pool is open, I'm hoping it doesn't go right to 70F right away but gradually gets cooler as the days go on.



2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

Love the changes to this guitar player and you did an amazing job at capturing his sitting self. Wonderful work!

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks, Autumn. I'll have to tweak things a bit - the hands, the face a bit more, the white of the guitar. Just a few little things to make it better and then it will be done - I hope. With the lack of responses that always tells me people don't like this one (or maybe they are just too busy right now) so I'll look at it again and see if it's worth saving.