Sunday, November 7, 2010

VIEWPOINT SHOW - FIRST WEEKEND

The Cincinnati Art Club Viewpoint Show, a national show, juried this year by Nita Leland, began Friday night.  This is a big deal, with valet parking and all the awards given to the winners in each category (oil, acrylic, pastel/drawing, watercolor).  I didn't go (I didn't even go last year when I got in the show).  Jerry and I did sneak over to see it Saturday afternoon (they are only open from 2-5 Saturdays and Sundays). 

It is a very strong show and a watercolor even got first prize!!  My friend, Sharon, got in this year with a fluid acrylic painting of a lock.  And a friend I used to take lessons with, Karen Pettit, got in with her beautiful zebra.  There were some outstanding oils, acrylics, pastels, and watercolors throughout.  A lot of different techniques - some on yupo - for the watercolors so we were well represented.  A few collage works (one got 2nd prize).

If you're in the Cincinnati area, do go see the show.  It's worth the trip! 


Congratulations, Sharon and Karen!

2 comments:

debwardart said...

Glad you enjoyed the show - and also glad you did not divulge the winners - they will go onto the website this week (our webmaster is out of town) probably by Wed. or later.

RH Carpenter said...

Deb, I never even thought about the winners not knowing who won - don't they all know by now? I just assumed they would be at the show or have received notice. Hope I didn't break any rules - Jerry wanted to bring a camera and I told him we weren't allowed to do that!