Sunday, June 20, 2010

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY TO ALL + SPACE

Wishing all the
fathers,
step-fathers,
and grandfathers
out there a Happy Father's Day!


And...yesterday I spent working in the garage/basement and making space for myself! It's not much of a space but it's mine and I will use it for something new and exciting very soon!




That is a full sheet of watercolor paper (22" x 30"), and I can stand and paint this way. Just have to arrange a few things like my palette, a couple of good lights, my water and brushes and paints and...
I'll be ready to PLAY.
And this is just what I'm going to do, knowing that this, too, will be a learning process for me and a physical adjustment to paint standing with the paper straight up and down like this...what challenges will this bring?
(To start, I'll work on full sheets and nothing bigger until I adjust to that.)
I think I really needed this - a challenge, a new perspective, something to get the creative juices flowing again.
Hope you check back in and see what success or failure I encounter! And I want to thank you all for commenting on my recent laments and questions. Each comment was appreciated...each drop of water in the bucket eventually fills it to the top!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Rhonda:0)!!!

Hate to tell you this, but this is what a Artist does she sees a obstacle and figures out how to get around it:0) looking forward to see your progressions and one thought about the whole artist thing. I have this problem in calling myself a artist also, but I recently realized just because I have that problem does not mean I'm not a artist:0)!!

Rhonda just keep at it I've noticed the more I paint and work the titles/descriptions fall by the side of the road and I just paint.

All the thought process crap about being a artist etc.... is just another form of self doubt surfacing to put up a block from creating. I find the more I just keep moving forward the less time I have to look back and question my abilities.

Hope that makes sense and does not come across as preachy or know it all I've been wrestling with these questions a lot and the less I think about them the more time to paint.

Sincerely
Paul

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks, Paul. No, you don't sound preachy at all, but just someone who's been there. I know you were struggling for a while and you've taken a huge leap in your work that, I hope, was worth the struggle :)
So what you're saying is - stop thinking and get painting! ha ha Good idea!

Teresa Palomar Lois said...

OOOOOOOOHHHH!!! I want a plane ticket right now to be there on t ime and mess up that studio with you Rhon!!! I can see hours of fun in your near future playing with this new painting, you go girl!!!

RH Carpenter said...

Teresa, you are welcome any time - we'd have such fun throwing paint around on the walls and each other! ha ha I have a spare bedroom - at least until I take it over, too!

Nick said...

now we're talkin'!

RH Carpenter said...

Nick, whatever happens from here on in, it's all your fault!!! ha ha