I just got a little box of goodies from Dick Blick:
1. Two American Easel wood painting panels
- one is 11 x 14 and one is 12 x 16
(for future paper paintings/collage a la Elizabeth St. Hilaire Nelson - and check it out = she has a new hardback book of her technique that shares all the info on how to do this - I'm going to buy one (it takes 10-15 days to do the print-on-demand from Lulu) since I have the panels and now can go for it!
2. A new Winsor Newton Sceptre Gold Flat - 1"
- I needed a new, nice flat that will hold a razor point so going to try this on recommendations from other artists
3. A box of fun decorative papers - may not use them in the collages on panels but I may use them for other fun things
I'm just getting around to using the gift card my Mom got me for my birthday in January - sometimes I can be frugal and conservative with free money - but then I just have to have something new and interesting.
And today is a cleaning day so probably no more work on the last crows painting although I did miskit over them for more drizzly work to come...