Sunday, February 7, 2010

SUPER SUNDAY

Today is not only Super Bowl Sunday but, to me and my sweetie, it is a Super Sunday - because he came home from the hospital today :)

After a scheduled and planned total hip replacement on the 3rd, we thought he'd be home and fine by the 5th (he'd had the right replaced and did so well 6 year's ago). Unfortunately, that didn't happen. Some complications led to 2 more days and nights and lots of sleepless hours (for me - he couldn't stay awake or alert or even breathe well), he was discharged this afternoon and is doing well.

Thanks so much to those who sent emails and sent good wishes, thoughts and prayers!

Now for the real recuperation to begin. (I will catch up with comments soon, I promise.) And I saw crows every day but Friday and Saturday (his two worst days) so I'm still saying they bode well for me...and I'll get back to the painting of crows soon.

4 comments:

Watercolors by Susan Roper said...

Sure sounds like Super Sunday to me! I hope you two got to enjoy the game, it was a great one!

Send my best wishes to Jerry, now for a fast recuperation and return to what he wants to do...with a new hip!

RH Carpenter said...

Well, Jerry saw the 2nd and 4th quarters - forgot the 1st and back in bed for the 3rd but he saw the good stuff...even though our Colts didn't win, I'm not too sad that the Saints won :)

Pam Johnson Brickell said...

Rhonda,
Had no idea! Glad to hear you love is home. You are both in my prayers.

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks, Pam :) We think everything is getting better now after a small set-back. It won't be long and this will all be just a bad memory.