Sunday, December 10, 2006

Sunday, November 10, 2006


This is a painting I mailed to a SWAP group member for our current painting exchange. Now that it's arrived, I can show it as it's one of my favorites. I gessoed watercolor paper and then painted on that. Tried to catch that misty/foggy look of the Oregon coastline.

My husband and I took a trip there a couple of year's ago and I loved that coastline and the whole area, even the Hood River Valley area with the orchards and I want to return there someday when the orchards are in bloom in the spring.


Now this next painting I probably shouldn't even show but it's all I've been working on lately - guess after all those holiday cards, I'm in a slump! This is on a "back side" of the all media artboard and you can get smoother washes. I laid a grid down (like the ones used by my artist and critique friend, Ron Ray) and then drew this with colored pencil and then emphasized the grid even more. I intended to lay down a different color or value in each "section" but seem to have lost track of that intention (sometimes that happens). Here's what I have so far - may be a round bin painting...
It's from a photo by my artist friend, Carol Holt (a.k.a. Dabs) and I may just start over on regular watercolor paper with this one as there are some things I like about it.










1 comment:

Michelle Himes said...

I like this too, Rhonda, and I think you can still change the values slightly in some of the sections if you do it carefully. You've got something good going there.

Michelle