Tuesday, October 15, 2024

GEL PRINTERS SESSION 2024 IS ON

 It’s hard to keep up with all the great printmaking/collage artists in the sessions (2 full weeks!!) and I need a bigger art room! Ha ha

This first one was done by drizzling fluid acrylic over canvas I had lying around and never used.  I let that dry and began sorting the paper out to make my painting (did draw the image on freehand to give me a bit of a guide).  Rough going and tearing printed paper into bits with glue (matte medium can be used but I’m using PVA Glue which is used in bookbinding) to fit into the drawing shapes, then added a bit of lighter colored paper here and there and white Posca pen (acrylic).  This technique was taught by Leanne Daquino on day one and she had us print a lot on tissue paper (the paper that comes with gifts - white, thin, and not expensive at all).

Whew!  These take a long time to get it right and I think mine looks pretty rough and beginner-ish but that’s okay.  And I’m glad I put that green-yellow drizzled background in first on the canvas or it would look even more rough!





No comments: