Friday, October 25, 2024

AND NOW WHAT…?

 I seem to be all over the place with art - but that’s okay.  Perhaps I will, eventually, become a mixed media artist because I want to try everything!

Used a feather stencil I had to make a few more prints, changing the color a little at a time and getting some good ghost prints.

Since I was on a feather kick, I made some little feathers in watercolor on small paper, adding hanging (really, for gluing into a sketchbook) - based on Amy Maricle’s Mindful Art group inspirations…and then back to printmaking.  I am mailing some of these prints (and others I found in my little art room) to my friend in Asheville who lost so much of her work and collage papers in the flood from Hurricane Helene.  They are still digging out - to me it seems like it’s been so long and I imagine to those in the area it seems like even longer to be without and have your town look so battered but they are cleaning and rebuilding (but 90 people still missing from those hill towns in North Carolina :(  










1 comment:

Debbie Nolan said...

Rhonda it is always fun to branch out and try new things. Your feathers look super. Also so sad about those in Ashville...we had 3 trucks from our church with 13000 pounds of water, food, cleaning supplies, etc. go down two weeks ago and we are supplying a local church down there with Thanksgiving dinners. We are told they need water. Feel so bad for all the artists who lost everything as well. Seeing all they are suffering makes me never want to complain again. Well take care and have a good weekend. Hugs!