Wednesday, December 17, 2014

A FEW MORE PHOTOS


I took myself to Urgent Care yesterday morning (after cancelling class) because I thought I had developed pneumonia.  The doctor there said my lungs didn't sound like pneumonia, but I could have early pneumonia or bronchitis.  Fun!  Sharp pains and unable to breathe deeply...so some strong meds to kick this thing. 


So until I'm better, I'll share a few more photos of the trip.  Enjoy, especially if you are somewhere cold and dreary with snow on the way.

White ibis on the beach right outside the house we rented for a week.  At one point, I looked out and there were 13 of them walking on the deck!  Fun - but a bit big to start feeding and have coming around begging for food every day :)




Just north of us was The Rod and Reel pier.  Lots of fisherfolk catching things off the pier and lots of birds hanging around, waiting for scraps from the extra bait or fish scraps from the cleaning tables.  This fine fellow was patient and willing to pose for a photos.  There is something prehistoric about pelicans, especially when they are flying overhead.












This big guy, a great blue heron, hung out at the Rod and Reel, too.  He was a bit more skittish, though, and didn't let you get too close.  It was fun watching the egrets walking around amongst the fisherpeople like they belonged and weren't the least bit afraid.  Seems the staff at the Rod and Reel (which has a restaurant and bar) feed scraps and bits to the egrets and they have gotten pretty tame and used to people.



I'll photograph the two small paintings I did and share them next.  Hope you all are having a good week so far.  











10 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope you're feeling better! That's awful to be sick at Christmas! The bird photos are fantastic!

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks, Katherine. Hoping you have a wonderful holiday season and that you get all you wish for under the tree :) I think those meds are pretty strong - already feeling better and hear my little art room calling me!

Lorraine Brown said...

I'm pleased for you that it is not Pneumonia Rhonda and hope your god health returns pronto. Have a great Christmas time

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks so much, Lorraine. I'm on the mend, now - sometimes you do have to go to the doctor and get those super meds.

Debbie Nolan said...

Dear Rhonda - just catching up with you. Hope you are feeling better. That Bronchitis can be nasty stuff.
Loved seeing your photos of wonderful sun, birds and surf. Take care!

RH Carpenter said...

Debbie, I think I'm on the mend, now. At least, no pain in my chest so the antibiotics kicked that right away. I should be good by Christmas, "If the good Lord's willing and the creeks don't rise": a family saying! ha ha

Autumn Leaves said...

Feel better, Rhonda! I'm so glad you had a little getaway before the holidays though do wish you'd been feeling better while away.

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks, Sherry. I'm slowly getting better - whatever is this is hanging on a long time, I think, but it seems everyone around has some bug they are passing around. Rough with it being just before Christmas!

Caroline Simmill said...

I hope you will be feeling better soon Rhonda, the photos are lovely nice to see the sun and those birds are amazing!

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks so much, Caroline. Hope you have a lovely holiday season!