Friday, August 29, 2014

TOO MUCH!

The best thing to do when painting on Yupo is to let the paint do its thing and don't try to say everything. 



Well, that went out the window when I was playing with this piece.  
Now I need to return, blur, soften, take out, etc. - again, thinking about how George James would do it (he definitely wouldn't have worked SO LONG on creating her face - he would have just left it so you could fill in the features).

I made the mistake (?) of putting in black India ink in places and it does not lift off - maybe I'll try some alcohol on it and see if that will lift it.  And that green is painfully green :(  Of course, that's the beauty (?) of Yupo - I can wipe a lot off and start over fresh and maybe add in some china markers (grease pencils) and things to make more marks...too many decisions!





So, after some looking and thinking and wiping back...here is where she stands.  Better?



5 comments:

Debbie Nolan said...

Rhonda - working on Yupo paper is like playing with a chalk board - one can usually erase and start over. I love that fact but it is certainly a slippery surface (LOL)! I like what you have done here...she looks very good my friend.

Autumn Leaves said...

I like both incarnations, Rhonda. Interesting abstract, fore sure!

RH Carpenter said...

Yes, Debbie, the fact that you can keep working on it forever seems to throw my thinking off and I get too much going at one time, wipe it off, start again, play with textures and colors, go overboard, etc.! Thanks so much. I'm not pleased with this at all - maybe because it's too bright and too much.

Deb, thanks, but it's still yupo! ha ha

Thanks, Sherry. Not sure you can call this an abstract but glad you commented on it. It won't be the last thing done on this piece of yupo - just keep wiping it off and starting over. I did like the green in the first version best (as you said).

Barb Sailor said...

This reminds me of Marc Chagall's I and the Village for some reason - Love the whimsical qualities flowing out of it!

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks, Barb. I seem to go a bit overboard when painting on yupo, knowing I can change it anytime, wipe it back! ha ha Guess I need the boundaries of watercolor on paper :)