Tuesday, October 15, 2013

POSSIBLE NEW STUDENTS

Yesterday, my hair stylist and her daughter came by the house and I gave them a "tour" of all the materials they might want or need to buy if they want to paint in acrylics - not the traditional heavy body acrylics but fluid acrylics or acrylic inks - on canvas.  They both have ideas they want to try out and I had plenty for them to them about, demonstrating texturing canvas with sponges, spider webbing and squeegees.  Then I talked to them about canvas types and surfaces and colors.  They left with a list of things to buy and some colors to choose for what they want.  I think they may return when they've purchased their goodies and have tried it and we'll do something here, with my helping them paint on canvas the way they want - before they purchase high end canvas.  

They both said they were leaving "so excited" and I hope they do enjoy - and perhaps come for a few classes - sometime in the near future.  We'll see what happens.  

2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

Woohoo! I love when that creativity spark catches flame. Glad you were able to fan that flame, Rhonda.

RH Carpenter said...

Sherry, I'm hoping they do want to come for lessons - and I'll keep the acrylic folks apart from the watercolor because it is very different on different substrates - for now.