Tuesday, June 4, 2013

GCWS SHOW - JUNE 2 THROUGH 30

Here are the winners (thanks to Sweetie for his photography skills) from the Greater Cincinnati Watercolor Society June show.  It runs through the month at The Barn on Cambridge Avenue in Mariemont.  

Honorable Mentions 1 + 2:


Shirley Knollman
for her batik painting,
At the Greenhouse
















Donna Cameron (on the right, accepting her certificate and ribbon from the show coordinator, Sally Wester)
for her painting,
Signs of Spring








(Sweetie didn't get a photo of Donna standing next to her painting but here is the painting which won.)

He took the photos of the paintings at an angle due to all the lights and reflections when he tried to shoot the photo straight on.













3rd Place Prize:  

Barb Zentgraf
for her painting,
View from Tonto







2nd Place Prize:

Wynne Bittlinger
for her painting,
Red Apples and Basket

Wynne wasn't present so no photo of her standing next to her winning painting.






And 
1st Place Prize:

Deb Ward
for her painting,
Industrial Revolution








And here are my two "losers"!! ha ha




Strip Tease

















Caramel Apples
















8 comments:

Debbie Nolan said...

Dear Rhonda - your art is never a loser. Those caramel apples look good enough to eat. Your sweetie did a wonderful job photographing all the winning pieces. Thanks for sharing.

Gary L. Everest said...

Hi Rhonda,
No offense meant for the judge, but I believe your painting, "Caramel Apples", is most definitely award worthy.
Jerry did an excellent job with the photos, too. No easy task making the paintings look so good!
You'll have your day, my Dear, so hang-in there and keep painting what you love, the way you see it.
Great job by you both.
Sincerely,
Gary.

Mrs A said...

What a beautiful show it must have been, so many talented people! Mrs A

Watercolors by Susan Roper said...

I am so glad to see that Deb Ward's painting won, but sorry that none of yours did. That caramel apple one was especially deserving of a prize!

Oh well, at least you entered shows, this is something I have not done for over two years now.

wendyytb said...

Oh my goodness! Your paintings are winners!

http://carolking.wordpress.com said...

Hi Rhonda, very impressive work from the GCWS! And even though you didn't win anything, don't despair. Both pieces are really good!

Autumn Leaves said...

Oh my but those caramel apples look so good!

RH Carpenter said...

Debbie, I know that - I just always hear my granddaughter Alaina's voice in my head when one day she was talking about competing with her older sister and she said, "But I'm a LOSER!!" and she put a bit L up on her forehead to emphasize that - made me laugh :) Now whenever I say anything is a LOSER, I see and hear that and laugh. One person's opinion for the winners in every show - you can't get worried about it at all, win or lose.

Gary, thanks so much :) My day will come because I am still working and striving and trying to get better every day - and find my voice in my paintings.

Mrs. A., thanks - it is a good show!

Susan, sometimes one just gets tired of it - but this was local and just our watercolor group - no pressure except to have 2 paintings to show and mine were both small.

Wendyytb, thanks so much!

Thanks so much, Carol and Sherry :) Everyone commented on how much they liked the caramel apples so maybe I have something good there.