Friday, January 21, 2022

REDPOLL


 A few mess-ups with this one.  Did it without drawing and then it needed something so put the tree in but messed up her/his legs so added Chinese white watercolor straight out of the tube with my fingers to make it look like snow.  These are Redpolls and we don’t have them here in KY but saw this one in a bird magazine and liked it. 

Could be a lot better and maybe I should lightly draw the birdies before trying to paint them.  Would really like to get looser with my bird paintings but not there yet.  


Had our first real snow (1.5 inches or so) and now I know it’s really winter - not that it matters as I cannot walk anyway (I mean, not much and certainly not for a mile or so walk) but the leg is healing.  It just hurts at the ankle and swells up so having to ice it and do my PT exercises often to build up the strength in that leg/ankle.  Not there yet.  I wonder how long this will take to “recover” from the broken bone? 

3 comments:

Debbie Nolan said...

What a pretty bird Rhonda...we do not have these birds either. Keep hanging in there...you will be walking before you know it. Hugs!

RH Carpenter said...

I am walking without the brace now but not outside (too cold and some iciness on sidewalks). Soon I’ll be without swelling and pain (but Ortho doc said it could take 9 months because of vascular injury with the break). So just time to heal :).

laura said...

sweet bird. I love the coolness of all the colors.
spring is coming, so I hope you will be ice- free!