Monday, April 19, 2021

GLAZING

 


Glazing color over color and trying to stay light.  Another “copy” of a painting in a book.  Had not done any glazing for a long time.  There used to be a prominent artist who was famous for glazing her scenes = was it Catherine Anderson?  Can’t find anything about her now.

I never had a patience to work this way - a lot of time spent waiting for the first layer to dry, then paint and wait for the second layer to dry - and I’ve heard of some artists who go as many as 15 layers??  


5 comments:

Jennifer Rose said...

I had an art teacher in college who loved this technique, but nope not for me either, no patience for it lol

Debbie Nolan said...

Glazing has to take extreme patience...which I am short on. Do love the look one achieves with this technique. You were correct Rhonda - it was Catherine Anderson. Read her book many years ago and she definitely used many glazes. Hope you have a wonderful weekend. Hugs!

RH Carpenter said...

I know I don’t have the patience so didn’t even wait long enough for this small one! ha ha.

laura said...

My first watercolor class was all glazing. And I still like the paintings I did in that class (the ones I saved anyway!) ... but I never glaze! Weird.
I guess I like the thrill of alla prima!

RH Carpenter said...

Laura, my first watercolor class was all painting on Yupo - I thought that was all watercolor artists painted on! ha ha. And I don’t paint on Yupo now - maybe once in a while when I get bored. Glazing takes way too much patience.