Monday, November 30, 2020

THE LAST CARDS GOING OUT THIS WEEK

 

Painted this after covering a failed painting with white gesso.  Then painted over that - you can lift right back to white, if you don’t use staining colors.  

Then I cut it down to glue onto the front of a blank card = voile!  Holiday/Christmas Card!






These two are my favorites due to a new technique and medium taught by Angela Fehr in her online workshop = dark dark dark colors, then shaping the trees, etc and then brushing or splattering a bit of Schminke Aqua Bronze pigment (it’s dry in the tiny bottle) to get the shiny snow look.  Pretty cool and I know I’ll use this technique again because I bought 2 bottles of the Aqua Bronze (one in silver, one in pale gold).  What fun for traditional holiday cards.

We are going to have our first snow the season here in Northern Kentucky.  Time to hibernate until spring.



2 comments:

Sadami said...

Dear Rhonda, You're so sweet and caring for anyone! I'm sure your cards bring others joy and happiness in this pandemic, particularly. Stay well and sound. Take care. Love and smile, Sadami

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks, Sadami. Hope you got your card in the mail :)