Friday, May 11, 2018

SKETCHBOOKING CONTINUES

More from the Sketchbook Revival online course hosted by Karen Abend:

The top two were done (in a 6 x 9 inch sketchbook made from light-weight paper) while watching and working along with Amanda Grace as she talked to us about the importance of scribbles and using them as more than warmups - and what you can add to scribbles.  I like the bottom right = scribble all over your page with Caran d'Ache watersoluble crayons, then paint white gesso over that and, before the gesso dries, scrape into it, allowing the colors underneath to show = pretty cool.  The top is just scribbles and then collage bits on top (I didn't get my materials together ahead of time so just rushed to pull out some bits for collage).

This silly bird was something I'd begun in the same 6 x 9 sketchbook but never did more than a light pencil drawing.  So, I got out the colored pencils and colored him in, making him very colorful, indeed!  He's perched on top of the ice waiting for a fish.


4 comments:

Debbie Nolan said...

Even scribbles can be a wonderful exercise...I need to try this. Your bird is so cute friend. Hugs!

José Antonio Sánchez Rumí said...

Hello; It is my first visit to your blog, I like it, very interesting, I will spend to enjoy your work.
Congratulations.
Greetings.

Jennifer Rose said...

looks like a fun exercise :)

RH Carpenter said...

Thank you so much, Debbie. Yes, scribbles loosen you up and could lead to other things - we all like to sit and doodle!!

Jose Antonio, thank you so much for stopping by and for taking the time to comment!!

Thanks, Jennifer Rose - just anything on the paper works to start :)