Saturday, February 3, 2018

COMPUTER DIED BUT BUTTERFLIES SURVIVED

Well, my sister spent hours and hours and frustrating hours working on my laptop.  She did get my photos and documents off it onto a clean external hard drive, but I think it's dead.  Last resort is to call McAfee and ask them to remote look at it and help me - but I think it's a goner :(  Oh, well.  It was purchased in May 2010 so I guess it was time to start looking for a new one.  

And I want to thank my sister for all her technical help and the hours she put in, and apologize for the stress of it all.  I don't know how she can do this kind of stuff for a living!  

I'll use Sweetie's desktop (sporadically) with posts until I get something new.  But that means learning his photo program to resize and crop photos (which I have to learn slowly and it's a tedious process.  It works, it just takes 5 extra steps so...).  Learning curves....grrrrrr!




But here is a photo I took of my new Prismacolor pencils and the 2 butterfly postcards I made, using the Val Webb info she shared online before I crashed.  I won't be going back to her videos (just in case) to watch the bird ones so...I can take what I learned in the 3 buttefly videos I saw and try them out with the birds - or maybe even little cute ladybugs or something?


I won't be getting a new computer until I do some research so bear with me for another week (hopefully, not more than that).

While I've been gone, I've had another birthday (those things just keep cropping up!), my computer got deadly gremlins, my mother got pneumonia, and it's been a strange few days of warm & sunny and then cold & snowy and back down to 0F weather - and it seems like weeks since I've posted anything or given the blogs more than a glance (sorry).    



6 comments:

Chris Lally said...

Computers! I have a love-hate (mostly hate) relationship with technology. So sorry this happened to you, Rhonda.
But you have those postcards to offer! They are absolutely beautiful. Those Prismacolor pencils are magical in the right hands - yours!
Happy belated birthday! And I will think good thoughts about your mom having a speedy recovery.
Good to see you post despite all the craziness.

Debbie Nolan said...

Ah Rhonda - sounds like you have had your share of trials and challenges. In spite of it all your butterflies are divine. Keep your chin up things will work out I am sure. Take care - Hugs!

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I have a love/hate relationship with my computer. It is great when ti works but when it doesn't Bah Humbug.
Your postcards are terrific.
I hope your Mother is well. Sounds like your life is up and down as your computer.

Jennifer Rose said...

that sucks, but at least your sister was able to get the important stuff off of it, thats the most important thing. 7 years isn't a bad run for a computer, I do wish they would last longer tho

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks, Chris. Yes, like cars, they are so wonderful when working and such a stressful thing when they don't! Thanks for the birthday wishes. Mom is slowly getting better.

Thanks, Debbie, Lisa, and Jennifer :) Yes, I'm glad my sis was able to save stuff off the computer and now I'll just get another Windows operating laptop and can still use all that - or not. Sometimes I think all the stuff on our computers is like all the stuff in closets in boxes - we don't really need them or they wouldn't be there, stowed away!! Perhaps this is the time to lighten up and stay off the computer so much?

Anonymous said...

Hi Rhonda! Sorry about the computer-so good w hen they are good and so BAAADDDD when they dont work! So is the photo cropping program that you were familiar with on the computer that died, was it Adobe Photoshop? We (not ME!) cheaped out when it came time that you had to buy a SUBSCRIPTION for it and got something else that is very hard for me to figure out!
What is the program Jerry has? love, Jane