Monday, January 1, 2018

A NEW YEAR



Well, we have put another year behind us and, I hope, look forward to 2018.  I know the past year has not been easy for many folks, and we don't know what the new year will bring.  

But if the waves start getting too rough, just dip underneath and
Just Keep Swimming!



Another in my little Stillman & Birn watercolor sketchbook.  I've done several of these mermaid tails with the words, Just Keep Swimming, on the paper.  I will probably do more.  I may make some cards from these little mermaid tail paintings, too.  

Now back to birds:  the January 2018 National Geographic magazine was all about Why Birds Matter - and that NatGeo is proclaiming YEAR OF THE BIRD.  I forsee a lot of bird paintings and drawings to come in 2018 :)




3 comments:

Jennifer Rose said...

Happy New year! :)

the tail looks like a side view of a face :) very neat

Chris Lally said...

Great title for a sweet little painting!
What's not to like about birds? Looking forward to a great series.

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks, Jennifer Rose and Chris :) Looking forward to sharing more bird paintings during 2018 and hope you both are feeling creative :)