Sunday, October 15, 2017

ORANGES AND LITTLE GLASS BIRD


As I drew on the Arches 300# coldpress paper, I changed things because of the placement and the size of the paper (half sheet = 15 x 22 inches).

Some more things to add and more do to on this one.

I ordered 10 sheets of Arches 140# cold press paper from Dick Blick on September 25th; according to my notices, it was not shipped until October 3rd, and was not delivered until October 9th.  I called and emailed Dick Blick and let them know I was NOT happy at the delay and reminded them there are other art suppliers out there.  BUT this is the first time I've had a problem with shipping taking so long from them.  I think they sent it out to the wrong place (I got an early notice that it was sent to FedEx in Wisconsin which means it went from IL to WI which is a rather odd route to get to Kentucky).  

5 comments:

Debbie Nolan said...

Dear Rhonda - you manage to put things together so well. I am always somewhat intimidated by those larger paintings...very inspiring to see what you do with those half sheets of paper. Not trying to talk you out of Dick Blick - but Jerry's Artorama and Cheap Joe's often have free shipping and better pricing. May want to check them out in the future. Take care and have a great day. Hugs!

RH Carpenter said...

Debbie, I know it's picky of me but the rep who apologized when I called said she'd send me a $10 coupon for future buys - which has never shown up :( Next time I order, I will do Cheap Joe's and I want more 300# paper and watercolor sticks...so Dick Blick won't be getting that sale!

Barbra Joan said...

I'm loving this series of yours Rhonda. You inspire me to try still life.. Not that I've ever been good at it, so why would it happen now? lol

I order from Blick all the time and so far it's been good. In fact I put an order in about an hour ago... I actually first ordered from Jerrys and was so frustrated about submitting the order that I finally gave up, and went to DB.
So you never know...

Jennifer Rose said...

the orange colour is very eye catching :)

i havent ordered from dick blick, too expensive, and you are not being picky, that is a long wait for paper

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks, Barbra Joan. You never know when something might spark a new direction! That's what happened here with me. I have probably only done one still life setup since I began painting (before this series came along). It seems one painting prompts the next one and I can see this going for a while :)

Thanks, Jennifer Rose :)