Thursday, March 9, 2017

AIR PLANT IN A SHELL 2


This one is done wet-in-wet without any predrawing.  I made the top really bigger than I wanted so less room to put in the actual air plant tendrils.  


Also on a fourth sheet (11 x 15 inches).


Brought out some more detail and still trying to keep the softness.  I like both versions (the wet into dry and the wet into wet) but prefer soft edges of wet into wet.










Finished.  Still looks like a green jellyfish!  Oh, well...You can't always get what you want...

4 comments:

Debbie Nolan said...

Dear Rhonda - the background colors you chose for this lovely jelly fish was just perfect. I find myself choosing lavenders and greens right now too. Hope you have a great weekend. Hugs!

AK said...

Great work Rhonda. Always good to be a perfectionist. Happy painting.

Jennifer Rose Phillip said...

great background :) the colours go well with the greens :)

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks, Debbie, Asit and Jennifer Rose. I was happy with the background colors, too - sometimes you just get in the groove and pick the best things but green and purples of all hues always work well together. Taking cues from Mother Nature never hurts :)