Sunday, September 25, 2016

BEE QUILT



Added some rice paper (white) to the edges of the "quilt" pieces and then added white gouache to that to make it stand out more.  A bit of texture to add interest. All done.


Fourth sheet (11 x 15") Fabriano coldpress watercolor paper.  




Bee Quilt



























I stained some of the white rice paper with Quinacridone Gold to use in the next painting...

Not sure how it's going to be used, but I like the organic look of it...we'll see...


7 comments:

Sadami said...

"Be Quilt!" is your magic. Nice! Cheers, Sadami

Jennifer Rose said...

shiny!
and your bee quilt looks good :)

Deborah Nolan said...

Dear Rhonda this is a great piece. The bees look amazingly real. Love the colors for the quilt too. Cannot wait to see what you will be doing with the next project. Hope you have a super day. Hugs!

Deborah Nolan said...

Dear Rhonda this is a great piece. The bees look amazingly real. Love the colors for the quilt too. Cannot wait to see what you will be doing with the next project. Hope you have a super day. Hugs!

RH Carpenter said...

Thanks so much, Sadami, Jennifer Rose and Debbie! I appreciate the comments. I apologize for not stopping by your blogs often this month - this month full of migraines has really had me timing the minutes I stay on the computer so I don't aggravate anything in my neck/shoulders. I am still looking for relief and hoping this month doesn't keep racking up migraines (I have had 7 so far). I hate this!

Jennifer Rose said...

you don't need to apologise for not visiting, migraines are horrible and its better to do nothing at all then do something that could trigger one or make them worse

Lisa Le Quelenec said...

I feel like I could pick up those bees! I hope the migraines subside soon for you that does not sound like fun at all and I imagine you are desperate to get working on that painted rice paper - it looks very tempting! Best wishes for a pain free time of it.